EDMONTON, AB (October 29, 2018) – With its fifth Edmonton, AB auction of 2018 last week, Ritchie Bros. sold more than 7,800 equipment items for CA$117+ million (US$89+ million).
The four-day auction (October 23 – 26, 2018) attracted more than 10,100 bidders from 46 countries, including 7,950+ people who registered to bid online. Approximately 90 percent of the equipment was sold to Canadian buyers, including 59 percent sold to Albertans. International buyers from such countries as the United States, Thailand, and the Netherlands purchased 10 percent. Online buyers purchased approximately 66 percent (CA$77+ million or US$58+ million) of the assets sold.
"Attendance was up year over year as demand for equipment across North America continues, resulting in strong prices in last week's Edmonton auction," said Trent Vandenberghe, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "Companies across industry sectors are taking advantage by converting their idle assets into cash, while buyers are filling their equipment needs with good clean machines for winter work. We would like to thank all our consignors and buyers for continuing to put their trust in Ritchie Bros. and our ability to deliver results."
Equipment was sold for 1,100+ owners in the Edmonton auction. Highlights included 115+ excavators, 105+ compactors, 105+ skid steers, 75+ dozers, 60+ loaders, 35+ motor graders, 20+ cranes, 140 flatbed trucks, 45+ boom trucks, 45 dump trucks, 205+ truck tractors, and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific sales highlights include:
- An industrial property in Strathcona Country, AB sold for CA$4 million
- A commercial property in Vermilion River County, AB sold for CA$900,000
- Two 2014 Volvo A40G 6x6 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined CA$740,000
- A 2013 Kenworth T800 11,255-litre tri-drive hot oiler pre-tank truck sold for CA$540,000
- A 2014 Caterpillar D6T LGP dozer sold for CA$465,000
- A 2003 Caterpillar 740 6x6 off-highway 436-inch WB articulated bed truck sold for CA$400,000
- A 2013 Kenworth T800 17,465-litre tri-drive sleeper vacuum truck sold for CA$300,000
- A 2014 Caterpillar 140M2 VHP Plus motor grader sold for CA$240,000
Auction quick facts: Edmonton, AB (October 2018)
- Gross transactional value – CA$117+ million (US$89+ million)
- Amount sold to online bidders – CA$77+ million (US$58+ million)
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – 10,100+
- Online registered bidders – 7,950+
- Number of lots sold – 7,800+
- Number of sellers – 1,100+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 30,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale in its upcoming onsite unreserved auctions, IronPlanet weekly online auctions, Marketplace-E and its other marketplaces. For a complete list of upcoming auctions and equipment available, visit rbauction.com and ironplanet.com.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance(R) equipment condition certification; Marketplace-E, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat(R) auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Manager
For investor inquiries, please contact:
Vice President, Investor Relations