- What features are included with an online account? [Answer]
Create an account today. It’s free and includes the following features and services:
Online Bidding: Can’t make it to the auction? Bid in real time over the internet at Ritchie Bros. auctions worldwide.
Auction Results: Find out the selling prices for items and equipment in the past 24 months of Ritchie Bros. auctions.
My Watchlist: When you find an item in an upcoming auction that you’d like to bid on or just keep track of, add it to your Watchlist. Find out quickly and easily when that item comes into the yard or is about to be sold, or what it sold for after the auction. You can save up to 50 items in your Watchlist.
Saved Searches: Save detailed search criteria to make searching quicker and easier next time you visit the site. When you sign in to your account you can immediately see if there are new items in our current inventory that match your saved search criteria.
Email Alerts: Spend less time online! We’ll let you know when an item in your watchlist comes into the yard or will be sold on the next day or week, or when an item matching your saved search criteria comes into current inventory.
Auction Brochures: Receive timely auction updates by mail or email.
Email Newsletters: Get more information about upcoming Ritchie Bros. events, auctions and equipment highlights with our regular e-newsletter.
- What is the benefit of creating an account? [Answer]
An online account gives you access to the full range of valuable rbauction.com services, including online bidding, auction results, a Watchlist to keep track of items you’re interested in, email alerts and saved searches. Only account holders can access these services. Create an account today – it's fast and free.
- I buy and sell equipment under different company names. Do I have to create multiple accounts? [Answer]
No, you don’t have to create an account to search for items in upcoming auctions, and you don’t have to create an account if you want to bid in person at the auction site. However, you will need to create an account if you want to access auction results or bid online. Remember: creating an account is fast and free.
- Do I have to create an account to search for items or bid at Ritchie Bros. auctions? [Answer]
No, you don't have to create an account to search for items in upcoming auctions, and you don't have to create an account if you want to bid in person at the auction site. However, you will need to create an account if you want to access auction results or bid online. Remember: creating an account is fast and free.
- Is there a charge for creating an account? [Answer]
No: an online account is free of charge. You can cancel your account at any time and we do not ask you to sign on for a certain period of time.
- What information do I have to provide when I sign up for an account? [Answer]
When you create an account we’ll ask for some basic contact information, such as your email address, address and phone numbers. We will also ask you to create a security question: this is only used to verify your identity in the event that you forget your password. If you sign up for online bidding, we will ask you to provide some official identification documentation (e.g. your driver’s license number). Again, this is only used to verify your identity and maintain the security your account.
- Do I have to sign a contract when I sign up for account? [Answer]
No: we don’t ask you to sign a contract or commit to your account for a certain period of time. You can cancel your account at any time.
- I’ve forgotten my email address, password or security question. How can I sign in? [Answer]
- Can’t remember which email address you used to create your account? Contact customer service.
- Can’t remember your password? Go to the sign in page, enter your email address and click Forgot Password? link, then enter the answer to your security question. We’ll email a temporary password to you.
- Can’t remember the answer to your security question? Contact customer service.
- How do I create an account? [Answer]
Creating an account is easy and free! Click on the Create an Account link at the top of your screen, then enter the following information:
- Your email address, secure password and security question and answer
- Your language preference
- Your contact information
We’ll send you an email to confirm your account. Click the link in your email, then you’ll have access to all our website features, including online bidding, auction results, a Watchlist, saved searches, email alerts and more. Create an account now.
- How do I activate online bidding or create an online bidding account? [Answer]
If you’d like to bid online at upcoming auctions, you’ll need to create an account and select “yes” next to the option to activate online bidding. If you already have an account on our web site, sign in to your account and look for the option to activate online bidding under Manage Accounts.