Terms of Sale
This posting is an invitation to attend the auction, not an offer to sell. The offer to sell occurs at the time and location of the auction.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers makes no guarantee or warranties, expressed or implied, of any kind. Every item in the auction will be sold as-is, where-is. Please inspect the equipment before bidding.
Purchasers are responsible for removal and insurance.
You can find the full terms and conditions of bidding on the inside cover of your auction catalog if you are bidding in person. Online bidders can read the full terms and conditions of bidding here.
You must register for each individual auction in order to place bids. There is no charge for registration, but you may need to place a refundable bid deposit. Check under Deposit & Payment Information for this auction for more information. You must also present satisfactory photo identification (identity card, driver's license, or passport). Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers reserves the right to refuse the issuing of a bidding card.
Notice to Attendees
Persons attending are notified that an auction site is a potentially dangerous place. Flammable, noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances are present, heavy equipment is being operated and electric circuits may be live. Every person at the auction site before, during and after the auction sale shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk with notice of the condition of the premises, the activities on the premises and the conduct of third parties and any registered bidder shall so advise his agents and employees. No persons shall have any claim against the Auctioneers, their agents, employees or principals for any injuries sustained, nor for damages to or loss of property that may occur from any cause whatsoever.
Ritchie Bros.' policy is to sell each and every item without reserves, minimums or limits. Everything will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price. The owners of the equipment are prohibited by contract from bidding on their own equipment or from buying it back. Anyone knowing of any owner bidding on his own equipment should advise the auctioneer at once.
NOTE: Effective immediately, no purchase will be released until payment has been received in full. If payment was made using non-certified funds, the purchase will not be released until those funds clear our bank. This policy will be strictly enforced.
All purchases must be removed from the auction site by the specified removal date or a storage fee may be applied. You can find the removal date for this auction under "Auction Overview" on the auction details page, in the auction brochure, in the sale day listing catalog or by contacting the auction site.
Where Ritchie Bros. has provided any translation of the English language version of these Terms and Conditions, such translation is provided for your convenience only; to the extent there is any inconsistency between the English language version and any such translation, the English language version shall govern.
Notice to Foreign Buyers: Farmland
Farmland in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba is subject to restrictions on foreign ownership. Interested parties must obtain proper legal advice prior to bidding.
The following terms and conditions form an integral part of the Terms of Bidding and Sale. Should these terms disagree with the Terms of Bidding and Sale stated on the Bidder's Registration Agreement and on the inside of the listing catalog, these terms shall supersede those stated terms and will apply to all sales of Real Property and to sales of Real Property alone.
- UNRESERVED AUCTION. The Property shall be sold to the highest bidder regardless of price at unreserved public auction. The sale shall not be subject to any minimum bid or reserve price.
- AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE AND SALE. The purchaser shall execute an Agreement of Purchase and Sale, in the form provided by the Auctioneer, without modification, immediately after being declared the high bidder.
- DEPOSIT. The purchaser shall submit a NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit to the appointed Escrow Agent in the amount of 25% of the Purchase Price immediately after being declared the high bidder. The Auctioneer may in its discretion accept a deposit of 10% of the Purchase Price with confirmation of an unconditional letter of financing from an acceptable lending institution. The balance of the Purchase Price shall be paid at or before Closing.
- NON-PERFORMANCE. Any failure by the Purchaser to complete the purchase of the Property will result in their Deposit and any further interest in the Property being forfeited.
- CLOSING. Completion and closing of all real estate transactions will be handled by a qualified lawyer, notary or real estate agent (the "Escrow Agent") appointed by the Seller and the Auctioneer. Closing will take place on the date that is 30 days after the date of the auction, or such other date as may be mutually agreed by the parties. The Purchaser and Seller shall be responsible for their own legal fees. Land title registration fees are the responsibility of the Purchaser.
- ESCROW AGENT. All deposit, earnest and purchase monies in respect of the Property shall be paid to and deposited with the appointed Escrow Agent.
- POSSESSION. Purchaser will receive vacant possession on the date of Closing.
- CASH SALE. This is a cash sale and is not contingent on purchaser's ability to obtain financing.
- AS-IS SALE. The Purchaser shall accept the Property in an "as-is" condition as of the closing date and the Purchaser specifically agrees that neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer makes any representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, expressed or implied, to the Purchaser as to the condition or fitness of the Property, environmental or otherwise, or any improvements thereon. All descriptions, measurements and acreage provided by the Seller and the Auctioneer are to be used as a guide only. The Purchaser shall have satisfied himself as to the location and condition of the Property, and all descriptions with respect thereto, prior to bidding. Mines and minerals are not included unless otherwise expressly provided.
- AGENT OF SELLER. The Auctioneer (and any appointed Real Estate Agent, where applicable) is acting as an agent of the Seller only, and not as an agent of the Purchaser or a dual agent.
- TAXES. Applicable Federal, Provincial or State taxes must be paid by the Purchaser in addition to the purchase price. Farmland is GST applicable. Property taxes will be adjusted as of possession date unless otherwise expressly agreed by the parties.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY. No personal property shall be conveyed with the Property unless specifically included in the purchase agreement.
- NO ASSIGNMENT. The Purchaser may not assign his bid or obligation to purchase the Property to a third party without the prior written approval of the Auctioneer.
- FOREIGN OWNERSHIP RESTRICTIONS. Agricultural land may be subject to foreign ownership restrictions. Bidders are advised to consult with their own legal advisors prior to bidding to ensure they are eligible to purchase the Property.
Contact the auction site for more information about real estate purchases.