- Registration to bid is free of charge, whether you are bidding in person, online or by proxy. You may be required to pay a refundable bid deposit.
- Domestic bidders: In most cases, you don't have to place a deposit if you are bidding in person.
- Foreign bidders: Unless you have made prior arrangements with Ritchie Bros., you must place a refundable deposit equaling 25% of the total expected purchases or AU$10,000, whichever is higher.
- Online bidders: Depending on your bidding history, you may be required to place a refundable bid deposit when you register to bid.
Accepted Bid Deposit Methods
|Wire transfer||Credit card (Visa, MasterCard)*||Cash||Certified/ cashier's/ bank check||Personal/ company checks||Bank letter of guarantee|
|Domestic bidder||X **||X||X||X||X|
|International bidder||X **||X||X||X|
|Online bidder||X **||X|
* Place your deposit by credit card at the auction site or use our Online Payment Service. A hold will be placed on your credit card. Find out more.
** Place deposit by Swift telex in Australian dollars direct from your bank. See Wire Transfer Information below.
- All payments must be made in Australian dollars.
- A 2.5% administrative fee will be charged on lots selling for more than AU$2,500, up to a maximum of AU$950 per lot
- A 10% administrative fee will be charged on lots selling for AU$2,500 or less
- Lots must be paid in full within seven (7) days of the end of the auction.
- NOTE: Purchases cannot be removed from the auction site or collected until paid for in full. If paid for with non-certified funds, items will not be released until non-certified funds clear our bank. This policy will be strictly enforced.
Accepted Payment Methods
|Wire transfer||Credit card (Visa, MasterCard)*||Cash||Certified/ cashier's/ bank check||Personal/ company checks**|
|Domestic bidder||X ***||X||X||X||X|
|International bidder||X ***||X|
|Online bidder||X ***||X|
* Pay by credit card at the auction site or use our Online Payment Service. iClosing (an affiliate of our credit card services provider, Optimal Payments) will charge a 3% fee on all credit card payments. Use your Visa or MasterCard to pay for your auction purchases to a maximum of 10,000 in the currency of the auction (or 1,000,000 Japanese yen).
** Note: personal/company checks must be accompanied by an irrevocable letter of guarantee from the issuing bank if you want to remove your purchase upon payment. If you do not provide a letter of guarantee, you will not be able to remove your purchase until funds clear our bank.
*** Pay by Swift telex in Australian dollars direct from your bank. See Wire Transfer Information below.
Westpac Banking Corporation
260 Queen Street, Brisbane, QLD Australia
Branch No. 034-002
Credit: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Pty Ltd.
Trust Account No. 38 4496, Swift Code: WPAC AU25
Include your bidder number and auction location with your transfer.
Payments must be made in the currency of the auction (see above).
To place a bid deposit in your preferred currency, click here for a list of other wire transfer account options.