Bidding on the items being sold in the Timed Auction is easy: register to bid at the auction site or online, then place your bids at our on-site internet kiosks or at rbauction.com.
Learn how to use our Timed Auction system or find out more about:
You must register if you want to bid on an item being sold by Timed Auction. When you register to bid in an auction, you are automatically registered to bid on both the live and the Timed Auction lots.
You can register to bid at the auction site or online at rbauction.com. Please note: you must register online at rbauction.com if you want to bid online in real time in our live auctions (i.e. on the heavy equipment, trucks etc).
If you register at the auction site, you will receive a Timed Auction PIN along with your unique bidder number. Use these numbers to sign in to the Timed Auction system. You can access the Timed Auction system and place bids:
- Through internet kiosks at the auction site
- Using your personal mobile device
- Use your BlackBerry or iPhone to bid at mobile.rbauction.com.
- Online at rbauction.com
- Click the Timed Auction link on the auction calendar when bidding opens. Then on the Timed Auction launch page, click Bid with PIN next to the auction you registered for.
- Using the free public wireless at most auction sites
- Bring your laptop and bid online at rbauction.com (as above).
- By phoning the auction site to place a proxy bid
If you registered online, just sign in to your account at rbauction.com when bidding opens. Click the Timed Auction link on the auction calendar or auction details page. Then on the Timed Auction launch page, click Bid Now! next to the auction you registered for.
You can place bids in the Timed Auction from the time bidding opens (usually a few days before the live auction starts) until bidding closes. Place a Maximum Bid early and let the system do the bidding for you, so you don’t have to stay online.
Bidding closes at staggered times on the day(s) of the live auction. You can find the exact closing time for each lot in the Timed Auction system or in your listing catalog (if you registered at the auction site).
- Place a Maximum Bid early and let the system do the bidding for you, so you don’t have to stay online.
- Don’t wait until the last minute (or even hour) to bid: you may miss an item you’d like to buy. Decide how much you are willing to bid and place your Maximum Bids early.
- Register at the auction site, inspect the items you’d like to bid on, and then place your bids at rbauction.com using your home or office computer.
- Do your homework first: find out which items you’d like to bid on, inspect the items or gather more information, decide how much you’d be willing to pay for each item and confirm the closing times. When you are prepared, sign in to the Timed Auction system and place your bids. You’ll save time and effort.
- Most auction sites have free public wireless internet: bring your laptop to the auction site and bid online at rbauction.com.
- If you register to bid in person at the auction site, you can also place bids using your personal mobile device at mobile.rbauction.com.